My Blog List

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wife's RULE

In Judy Brady’s personal essay, “Why I want a Wife”, (1972) She informs the readers’ what the role of a wife is for her family.  She shows us how by liberating and giving real life reason on how exactly a wife provides for her family by specific household and personal duties. This essay was to show how a wife carries the most important position in order to release the reasoning why many families want and need one. I believe Brady’s was writing this essay to the general public and also mostly directed to men’ in the world today that depends on a woman/wife on household and personal duties.
Overall I felt like Judy Brady opened many wives’ eyes by writing this. It let women all over the world know that they could go back to school and establish their dreams while given support at home from their spouse.  It gave an image of a wife with the description of all what she is required to do. I for one took this essay as a motivation, that lets female, wives; women know that they are appreciated. It also open my eyes that men to can carry on a position that wives do. In the end men wouldn't be able to survive with all the wives responsibility and duties; that's why I believe WIFES' RULE. 
            By: Marlene B.


No comments:

Post a Comment